Sunday, September 25, 2005

Whirly Winds across the Jordan Valley

With the usual mad rush and hurried goodbyes I dashed out of Jerusalem on Friday and down across the Jordan Valley, past the Dead Sea and into Jordan. End of the line for me in Jerusalem. Its always a bit sad to leave especially when you like the people you work with, and I very much did in this case. As we drove across the Jordan Valley there were all these little dusty whirly winds swirling all over the valley. Somehow it seemed quite appropriate. To mark the occasion of my departure, after two months of relative calm in Gaza (remembering the reason I was there was in case it wasn’t calm), over 25 rockets and a couple of air strikes were launched the very day I left. I guess they just didn’t really want me to leave and this is their way of inviting me back again ;)

No comments: