Friday, November 17, 2006

If Christchurch was any sleepier it would be comatose

I really don't have much to write about Christchurch... its a nice enough little town, but my is it sleepy. You know in Australia on a late Sunday evening in say, Autumn, when all the shops are shutting and there is hardly anyone in the street....? well its like that any time of the day any day of the week here! And this is the biggest place on the south island... my friends tell me that indeed everywhere else has been even sleepier. Thanks god I'm here only for a couple of days because this place has taken relaxation to a new level... anyway, the real reason I came here was to catch up with Gabriel, my old friend (of 10 years already!) from when I lived in Spain, and that has been very nice, wandering around the town and going out to the beach for lunch by the seaside (a bit of excitement provided by the attack seagulls nearby). Flying home this afternoon, a couple of hours in Sydney and then home late tonight... to stay! hooray! hmmm, will have to blog from Canby from now on!! maybe nearly as exciting as Christchurch!

No comments: