Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Singapore... I have a serious problem

Well before even wondering what my problem is I am sure you are first wondering what the hell am I doing in Singapore? I didn't quite look at my itinerary home very well other than the departure date and it was not until I was boarding my flight to Singapore that the confused check in clerk pointed out that I was in fact scheduled to get off a flight Bahrain-Singapore-Sydney direct only to wait 11 hours for the next flight to Sydney. With this news I realised I have never actually left the airport in Singapore and so may as well make the most of it and spent the day walking around the various sites of Singapore, from Chinatown to Little India, to lunch by the river. It was of course during this escapade that I realised how serious my little problem has become.... yes, the shopping addiction. I am ashamed to tell how much money I managed to spend in a few short transit hours. I just couldnt control myself. The saleswoman was just way too effective and it seems some part of my brain didnt care how ridiculous my purchases were. The end result...? I have a nice new piece of furniture being shipped home to Sydney... what was I thinking??? I need help... Am now recovering from the shock of my own actions by living on the free foods of the Qantas Club lounge awaiting the flight to Sydney, home in the morning and will be banned from any purchases for ever after.

No comments: