Monday, May 29, 2006

San Salvador

Now to the present... left Bolivia and am now in San Salvador. Will be here til Wednesday morning and then off to Nicaragua and Honduras, then back to El Salvador (that covers about the next three weeks). Most of you know I actually was a little disappointed with central america last time I was here, and I confess that on second glance, I'm not sure my opinion has changed. The people are really nice, and i love the tropical feel and the natural parts of the landscape are stunning, but the cultural landscape is dominated by shopping malls, big cars and fast food outlets. I went to try and get a few things from the shops today and the mall was awful- and I am generally not too anti mall, i like a bit of a shop anywhere really, but it was noisy and it was very difficult to get there by foot and i just thought, god help us if this is the way the world is going! Anyway, other than that, its not so bad to be here... the hotel is nice and the people are nice and I am looking forward to going to the office tomorrow and catching up with my friends from last time I was here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

finally remembered to read your blog - still in shock that you could possibly not enjoy shopping.
Miss you heaps. Jen