Saturday, October 08, 2005

LAX

Ok, even i admit my life is kinda surreal sometimes. One minute I am hanging out at home in the suburbs of belco quietly planning a weekend of brunches and catchups with friends in Canberra, and next thing i know I find myself sitting in the house of a dear old friend I haven't seen for nearly 8 years, in central Los Angeles. and what's more bizarre is that there is a Mr Whippy van outside playing the soundtrack.... I'm on route to El Salvador where they are having some small problems with a volcano exploding and flooding and landslides etc etc. I expect I'll be there for a few weeks. On the way i have a 12 hour stopover in LA, so its a good chance to catch up with James, who was a buddy back when i lived in Spain. He has a cute little house which he bought not so long ago and is well. He reminded me of course that back when we lived in Spain, we girls treated him as the 'wise old Tio Jaime' because he was so much older than us, but in fact he was the very age that I am now. I think he's implying I'm getting old!

No comments: