Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Bahrain via Narooma


Well about four weeks ago I was sitting in the Bahrain airport on my way to Yemen thinking thank goodness it was my last traveling for a little while…. Or so I thought. But of course after a brief 13 days at home in Canberra and here I find myself again in the Bahrain airport waiting for a flight onwards to Jordan. Who would have thought? Anyway, its true, I am going to Jordan to help with preparations for a potential assessment and response in Lebanon and Syria. Don’t know where I’ll be and for how long, but I would say 8 weeks in the region is a safe bet. Glad that I got to catch up with those of you that I did and sorry that I didn’t see those of you I didn’t while home.

While I was home, I did manage to pop down to Narooma for the weekend with Dan, Deana and Ruby. Here is a photo of Ruby which mum has specifically requested to see how big she is already. It was an absolutely beautiful weekend with lovely light sunshining on through the few clouds which were floating around. I didn’t quite go swimming though… a bit chilly for that. It was lovely and relaxing though and just what I needed before heading off again. There really are not many places in the world as beautiful as the south coast. We’re so lucky to have it and I’m looking forward to spending more time there next year!

Ok, well, will try and post next adventures from Jordan. blogging from lebanon may not be as easy... he he, just kidding mum.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep "just kidding okay!......thanks for update on ravishing ruby, glad her mum likes sleeping in the narooma wintersun